Fringe Box



Drunk Driver Who Was Rammed By Police Car Is Sent To Jail

Published on: 21 May, 2014
Updated on: 21 May, 2014

A woman who drove on the wrong side of the A3 head on to an unmarked police car has been sentenced to four months in prison, disqualified from driving for three years and ordered to pay a total of £630 costs.

Perri Game, 21, of Chalgrove, Oxford, drove north on the southbound carriageway of the A3 at Ripley in the early hours of January 29, this year.

The black Volkswagen Polo she was driving when the incident happened was forced to stop when the Surrey Police vehicle, a black BMW X5, made tactical contact to prevent a serious road traffic collision.

You can hear from the officers involved and view the incident at

The video shows the convicted driver's car after it was rammed by an unmarked police car to get it to stop.

The video shows the convicted driver’s car after it was rammed by an unmarked police car to get it to stop.

At her trial on on Wednesday, May 21, at Guildford Crown Court Game admitted to dangerous driving and drink driving.

The court  heard that two roads policing officers were on routine patrol when they were advised of an incident on the northbound carriageway at Thursley, but were also made aware of reports of a motorist driving at speed the wrong way on the A3.

There was also damage to the police car as can be seen n the video.

There was also damage to the police car, as can be seen in the video.

PC Simon Down was at the wheel and together with his colleague PC Ed Stock they drove on to the southbound carriageway and set up a rolling roadblock to slow down and keep traffic safe.

The officers saw Game’s car driving towards them at speeds of up to 60mph. In a brave split second decision PC Down decided to deliberately manoeuvre to bring Game’s car to a halt. As a result of the impact both vehicles were severely damaged and were written off.

The police officers and Game were taken to hospital. None suffered serious injuries but PC Down experienced whip lash and some abdominal injuries, but returned straight to work for his next shift.

Acting Chief Inspector Richard Mallett, head of roads policing unit said: “The video clearly shows the risks that our officers face in the course of carrying out their duties and demonstrates the bravery shown by Simon and Ed that morning. Their decisive action almost certainly prevented a catastrophe happening and stopped any other motorist being seriously injured or even killed.”


Share This Post

Leave a Comment

Please see our comments policy. All comments are moderated and may take time to appear.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *