Fringe Box



Death Of 18 Year Old Brings Police Warning On Recreational Drug Use

Published on: 24 Feb, 2013
Updated on: 25 Feb, 2013

Surrey Police BadgeThe sudden death of an 18-year-old man has caused the police to issue an urgent warning to recreational drug users. Initial enquiries indicate that the boy took an illegal drug prior to his death.

Officers were informed of the untimely death by the Ambulance Service at around 10.15am this morning (Sunday, 24 February). The 18-year-old, who is from the Farnham area, was at a party on Chobham Common the previous night and took an unknown substance, possibly through an inhaler.

Following initial enquiries, it is believed that the substance involved may have been sold as 2C-I or 2C-E.

Chief Inspector Alison Barlow said: “Whilst a post mortem examination still needs to be carried out to establish the cause of this boy’s death, we are extremely concerned that it could be linked to him taking this drug.

“The advice to anyone who was at the event on Chobham Common who might have taken this drug and is exhibiting worrying symptoms is to attend A&E immediately. Similarly if you believe you may have taken this same substance elsewhere and are feeling unwell then please seek medical assistance.

“We also need the public’s help in getting this potentially fatal drug off the streets of Surrey. Anyone with information about this substance or with any other information which could aid the ongoing investigation is asked to call Surrey Police on 101. If you have information but do not want to give your name you can pass details to independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”

Share This Post

Leave a Comment

Please see our comments policy. All comments are moderated and may take time to appear.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *