Fringe Box



Serial Sex Offender Gets Nine Years for Crimes Committed in Guildford

Published on: 14 Nov, 2017
Updated on: 14 Nov, 2017

Kemil Dungyov

A man who sexually assaulted and exposed himself to young women in Guildford over an 18-month period has been sentenced to nine years and ten months imprisonment.

Kemil Dungyov, 26, from Yew Tree Drive, pleaded guilty to one count of attempted rape, one count of sexual assault and four counts of exposure, when he appeared at Kingston Crown Court on October 3 (2017).

The first incident occurred on September 19, 2015, when Dungyov exposed himself to a woman in the alleyway between Woodbridge Road and Woodbridge Meadows.

DNA and identity evidence then linked him to five other cases, including a sexual assault in the same alleyway, and an attempted rape in Weston Road, Guildford. Six other similar charges, relating to similar offences, will lie on file.

The alley entrance from the footbridge that crosses the River Wey by the Seven Arches railway bridge.

Detective Sergeant Yahya Aslam, said: “I am very, very pleased that this man is off our streets. All his victims have shown tremendous bravery in coming forward and supporting this prosecution. Although he didn’t plead guilty to all the charges, I take comfort from the fact his guilty pleas meant the women he attacked didn’t have to relive their ordeal giving evidence in court.

“I want to pay tribute to the work of all the uniformed and detective colleagues who worked so hard to catch this man and the officers who worked extra patrols to protect the public from his activities. This was a substantial investigation, over a long period of time, and the officers have persevered with it throughout.

The alley that runs from Woodbridge Road to Woodbridge Meadows behind the Sea Cadets hut on the left.

“In particular I want to highlight the work of Detective Constable Jo Smith who has been with this case from the outset, and whose tenacity and focus was so important in bringing this man to justice.

“Dungyov was finally caught when he exposed himself to an off-duty police officer in the early hours of April 8, 2017. Showing great presence of mind this victim called 999 for assistance from colleagues and kept him in constant view as he tried to leave the scene.

Share This Post

Leave a Comment

Please see our comments policy. All comments are moderated and may take time to appear.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *